Thursday 30 September 2010

All Hallows een

Hello guys and girls. Me again.
Yes, it's getting to that time of year again. Time for ghosties, ghoolies and kids in cheap masks begging for sweets. Ahh it is my favourite time of year. Not that I like kids in cheap masks begging for sweets particularly, in fact I'm one of those people who hides and doesn't answer the door to them.

Never the less it is my favourite time of year, with the leaves changing colour and the hot days petering out (finally). Plus it'll be the new cycle of the year ready to begin and I need a new start more than I need a hot dinner. Granted I say that every year but every time it's true. Luckily this year I've gone through quite a few revelations and changes that I think will put me in good stead.

Keeping this in mind I'm planning to do something this Samhain (that's Halloween to anyone who hasn't worked it out. Just saying.). In fact my costume's already made, it's a cream Roman costume that I just need to get the jewellery and sandals for. Granted not the best costume for late October, I'll be taking a so not historically accurate coat, but it does look great. Dressing up isn't the most religious practice but I find that mixing a little fun and faith keeps me interested. Why can't something you dedicate your life to enjoyable?

That's one of the reasons I don't get on with most mainstream religions. If I needed guilt thrust upon me I'd go to a diet club. No thank you. I'll keep to my song and celebration if you don't mind.

Anyway, I'm stayed far from the topic so back we go. Have a happy Halloween everyone, I know I'm going to try to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment