Tuesday 29 June 2010

Busses and speeders.

Arriva. That name strikes fear into the hearts of the bravest travellers. For my non-English viewers that's the company that controls our bus service.
Lately they have been moving the routs around. Taking the 33 away from my home. A bit of a pain as that means I have to walk to, well, everywhere or wait 30mins for the secondary bus. Now here's the thing. I came out of work today, my feet killing me, the sun blazing, and the next 481 is in ten minutes. Not bad. It gives us time to catch up with a friend. So we waited... And waited... ten minutes... twenty... All the time the pain in my feet getting worse .... thirty minutes. So one bus is missing.
I wish this was rare but it happens all the time. When the blasted thing finally turns up it's packed. So much that children are standing up, hardly able to hold on, just because arriva (they don't deserve capitalisation) can't get their damn act together!
I've even been brought to the point where I wanted to complain. Guess what? Their web site's down ¬_¬

Next speeders. My road has little concrete islands to stop people speeding, though all it does is make people crash. It doesn't work. The times I've nearly been run over is ridiculous. And did I mention that this road is right outside a primary school? No? Well yes. These fuckers are making the decision to speed through a school zone where many little kids are walking.
I feel like standing outside with a sign with "Speeding? Well done, you've made your first step to becoming a child murderer."

No comments:

Post a Comment