Thursday 21 October 2010

The art of conflict and healing.

We all want world peace... Right?

Well no actually. Humans cannot survive without some sort of conflict, they'd go insane without it. The intellectuals among us debate, we have no physical need to debate but something inside us draws us into these small conflicts. The not so intellectual types get into drunken fights on a Friday night, a not so healthy version of our debates. It is something innate that makes us need to support a team or group over all others, makes us choose a favourite colour and time of the day. It's frivolous but we need it.

So what would the world be like without conflict? Well, there would never be a war again - Great! But nothing would ever change, no one would ever question anything again- not so good. And our emotions would never be released- definitely not good.
We'd just become mindless drones that plodded along never doing anything out of the ordinary. Art and music would die out, we would not play games or perform a kind deed for the sake of itself. 

So, do I wish for world peace? No, I wish for world intelligence and debate. Then maybe we wouldn't get any more bullying or thuggery. Sadly I doubt that will happen any time soon.
I'll keep my need for conflict and revel in it, wearing what I like and choosing to support the causes I do. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment